New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.This...
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.
This one-day course is currently being offered via live video tutorial over two half-days.
Monitoring and assessing the adequacy of a firm's policies and procedures is one of the primary responsibilities of a Compliance function, and many firms fail to pay monitoring the attention that it needs and deserves. Consequently, time is wasted and the necessary assurance received can actually be false. A well-thought out, risk-based, Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) will provide the business, and Senior Management in particular, with the ability to identify any deficiencies and genuine assurance that appropriate remedial action has been undertaken.
This one-day course will show you techniques which will ensure that you have a risk-based, regulator-proof monitoring plan, exploring the need for monitoring, the regulator’s expectations, as well as the practical steps required to develop and implement a Compliance Monitoring Programme and to report results meaningfully to Senior Management.
This course is part of CCL Academy’s ‘Skills Workshop’ series, a suite of courses focusing on the practical skills required by Compliance and Financial Crime Prevention professionals.
Who is this for?
The course is designed for Compliance and/or Audit staff within FCA-authorised firms who hold responsibility for monitoring the firm's compliance with its regulatory obligation. It is particularly suitable for those who are becoming involved in monitoring for the first time.
- Regulatory Framework
- Compliance Risk Framework
- Developing a Compliance Monitoring Programme
- Compliance Testing Techniques - A Case Study
- Aspects of the Monitoring Process
After attending this course you will:
- Appreciate the role of Compliance Risk as the foundation of Compliance Monitoring
- Understand the importance of a Risk-Based Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) and how to construct and implement one
- Understand the FCA’s expectations regarding Compliance Monitoring
- Have knowledge of the practical steps involved in carrying out Compliance Monitoring, and some of the challenges that can arise
CCL Academy’s Virtual Training (VT) courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our face-to-face courses. To achieve this our trainers utilise market-leading technology, and a range of training techniques, to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Each live video tutorial includes the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms, to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants are able to submit questions, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
- Accompanying recording of the video tutorial - In addition to the live event, all video tutorials will be available ‘on demand’.
- Two free eLearning modules for all participants.
- On-going Q&A – Participants will have access to an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.