Duration: 3 Days
Delivery method: In-house or Distance Learning
New Delivery Method: To reduce the risk posed by COVID-19, all of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’...
New Delivery Method: To reduce the risk posed by COVID-19, all of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for six months after the event.
This study course covers the syllabus for the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments UAE Financial Rules and Regulations examination.
The CISI's Risk in Financial Services qualification is a comprehensive global introduction to the major risk areas in financial services. It provides a sound grounding in the principles of the risk management framework and corporate governance and risk oversight. It covers specific techniques used in identifying, reducing and managing operational risk, credit risk, market risk, investment risk, liquidity risk and model risk.
Risk in Financial Services can be taken as a stand-alone qualification or as part of the CISI's Investment Operations Certificate (IOC).
Who is this for?
The Risk in Financial Services qualification is aimed at risk teams, compliance teams, branch management, corporate lawyers, finance officers, senior managers of all disciplines and existing and aspiring non-executive directors.
Principles of Risk Management
- Introduction to Risk in Business
- Specific Risks in Financial Services
International Risk Regulation
- The Bank for International Settlements
- Basel Regulatory Capital
- Regulatory Risk
- Other Relevant Regulations
- Definitions of Operational Risk
- Operational Risk Policy
- Operational Risk Framework
- Operational Risk Identification
- Operational Risk Assessment and Measurement
- Managing Operational Risk
- Identification of Credit Risk
- Credit Risk Measurement
- Credit Risk Management
- Identification of Market Risk
- Market Risk Management
- The Measurement of Investment Returns
- Identification, Measurement and Management of Investment Risk
- Identification of Liquidity Risk
- Measurement of Liquidity Risk
- Management of Liquidity Risk
- Overview of Model Risk
Risk Oversight and Corporate Governance
- Risk Governance within Financial Services Organisations
- Risk Culture and Leadership
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Overview of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Our classroom training is delivered in-house and can be tailored to your Firm's requirements and the ability of the audience preparing for CISI exams.
Face to face training
Our recommended approach includes face to face training with one of our CISI expert trainers who will guide participants through the syllabus in a structured, engaging and interactive manner.
Practice tests and mock
Our face to face training days commence with a ‘kick-off’ test, testing the participants on their existing capabilities, and finish with a ‘progress’ test assessing their progress on the days topics.
As part of our in-house CISI study programmes, participants have access to chapter by chapter practice questions and a mock exam that simulates the real CISI examination.
These tools provide valuable feedback and monitoring to track the participants’ performance throughout the study programme and are vital in effectively preparing participants for success in their CISI exam.
Our CISI Distance Learning Solution provides students with a range of study aids to help them effectively prepare for their chosen CISI exam. The solution is a cost-effective alternative to classroom training and provides students with the added benefit of empowering them to set their study timetable, whilst providing L&D with regular feedback on their study progress.
The solution comprises of the following elements:
CISI Distance Learning Platform
- Study plan - A study timeline
- CISI workbook - The official workbook published by the CISI
- Slide summaries - Focused summaries of each chapter of the workbook
- Online tutorials - Bite-size recordings from one of our leading CISI trainers, narrating the key points of each chapter using the slide summaries. Students can watch these as and when they wish.
- Chapter tests - 10 multiple choice questions drawn from each individual chapter of the workbook delivered online after each chapter.
- Practice mock exam - As in the real exam, a multiple-choice exam appropriately spread across the syllabus/workbook chapters. Students will be able to review their answers and repeat the exam as many times as they like.
- Exam readiness mock exam - A multiple-choice exam designed to assess the student’s readiness to sit the real exam.
- Email support - The ability for students to email our CISI tutor team directly with any concerns or needs for further clarification.