New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.Holders...
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.
Holders of Senior Management Functions (SMFs) within authorised firms have specific responsibilities under the regulatory regime. It is vital that individual Senior Managers understand the obligations that apply to their firm, and to them personally, and the potential implications of breaching FCA and PRA rules, including their personal liability.
These responsibilities have been heightened by the implementation of the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR). This course considers the impact of the SM&CR, including the Conduct Rules, and explores the important concept of ‘reasonable steps’. As such, the course could be used to meet the regulatory requirement for training managers in the rules, and in their application.
The course also outlines the obligations set out in the 'Senior Management Arrangements, Systems & Controls' (SYSC) sourcebook of the FCA Handbook. It explains the principal obligations under SYSC and explores the steps individual senior managers need to take to ensure that their firms meet the regulatory requirements.
Who is this for?
This course is designed for holders of Senior Management Functions (SMFs) in authorised firms, and those who advise them on their regulatory obligations. It is particularly suitable for those taking on such a role for the first time.
This could include:
- Chief Executives
- Non-Executive Directors
- Senior Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Regulatory Framework
- SMCR & the Conduct Rules
- Enforcement Action
- Overview of SYSC:
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management
- Conflicts of Interest
- Corporate Governance
After attending this course, participants will:
- Understand the principal responsibilities of Senior Management Function (SMF) holders under the regulatory regime
- Understand the impact of the SM&CR
- Know the Conduct Rules, and have considered how they apply to their role
- Know the main purposes of the SYSC sourcebook and where it fits in the FCA Handbook
- Understand the potential implications of a breach of regulatory obligations
CCL Academy’s Virtual Training (VT) courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our face-to-face courses. To achieve this our trainers utilise market-leading technology, and a range of training techniques, to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Each live video tutorial includes the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms, to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants are able to submit questions, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
- Accompanying recording of the video tutorial - In addition to the live event, all video tutorials will be available ‘on demand’.
- Two free eLearning modules for all participants.
- On-going Q&A – Participants will have access to an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.