New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.This...
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.
This course provides participants with a comprehensive introduction to the principal elements of the regulatory environment for UK financial services firms, including the impact of the FCA’s Conduct Rules.
It outlines the objectives and role of the FCA and the key concepts of authorisation and approval. It also explains the ways in which the FCA supervises firms and individuals, and the powers available to the regulator in the event that a firm, or an individual, breaches regulatory requirements. It also considers the changes introduced by the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) and explores how the Conduct Rules impact on day to day behaviour within the industry. Finally, it provides an outline of the principal areas of financial crime.
Who is this for?
This course is designed for anyone who requires an introduction to the regulatory environment for UK financial services firms, as well as those who require training on the FCA’s Conduct Rules. It is particularly suitable for employees taking up a position within an authorised firm for the first time, and those needing a refresher (including individuals requiring ‘certification’ under the SM&CR).
- The Regulatory Structure
- FCA Objectives and Role
- Authorisation and Approval
- SM&CR & the Conduct Rules
- Financial Crime
After attending this course, participants will:
- Be able to describe the current financial services regulatory regime in the UK
- Know the objectives and role of the FCA
- Understand the requirements a firm and an individual need to satisfy in order to become, and remain, authorised/approved
- Understand the impact of the SM&CR and the Conduct Rules
- Understand the reasoning behind the supervision regime
- Have basic knowledge of the enforcement process and know the main sanctions the regulators can impose following enforcement action
- Have awareness of the principal forms of financial crime
CCL Academy’s Virtual Training (VT) courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our face-to-face courses. To achieve this our trainers utilise market-leading technology, and a range of training techniques, to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Each live video tutorial includes the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms, to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants are able to submit questions, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
To see a preview of this course, click here
- Accompanying recording of the video tutorial - In addition to the live event, all video tutorials will be available ‘on demand’.
- Two free eLearning modules for all participants.
- On-going Q&A – Participants will have access to an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.