- 10 Feb 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 11 Feb 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 17 Mar 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 18 Mar 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 21 Apr 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 22 Apr 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 17 May 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 18 May 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 16 Jun 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 17 Jun 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.This...
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.
This one-day course is currently being offered via live video tutorial over two half-days.
The role of the Compliance Officer within an FCA-authorised firm is an important one, and it is vital that holders of the position have a good understanding of the FCA’s approach to regulation, and its expectations. This is particularly the case where the individual holds the Compliance Oversight (SMF16) function, as holders of this function must be able to demonstrate to the regulator that an appropriate level of competence has been achieved and maintained. Attending this comprehensive full day course will assist such individuals in demonstrating competence.
The course will consider the responsibilities of the Compliance Officer as well as practical aspects of the role, including compliance monitoring. Failure to comply with regulatory expectations could result in the FCA taking action against the firm and its Senior Managers, including the holder of the Compliance Oversight function. This course will look at instances where this has happened and the lessons that can be learned.
Who is this for?
The course is particularly suitable for individuals who are new to the role of the Compliance Officer and/or the Compliance Oversight function, but will also be of benefit to junior members of compliance teams who are seeking career development and progression.
- Fundamentals of FCA Regulation
- Compliance Responsibilities
- The Job, Principal Tasks, Skills
- Compliance Manual & Records
- Compliance Monitoring
- Complaints & Enforcement
After attending this course, participants will:
- Have an awareness of the principal regulatory requirements governing UK financial services
- Understand where the responsibility for compliance lies within a firm
- Know the principal tasks of a Compliance Officer, and the key skills required
- Understand the importance of a compliance monitoring plan, and how to construct and implement a plan
- Have knowledge of the regulator’s approach to supervising firms, and ways in which to prepare for, and manage, a visit by the regulator
- Understand the FCA’s enforcement process and powers
CCL Academy’s Virtual Training (VT) courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our face-to-face courses. To achieve this our trainers utilise market-leading technology, and a range of training techniques, to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Each live video tutorial includes the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms, to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants are able to submit questions, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
- Accompanying recording of the video tutorial - In addition to the live event, all video tutorials will be available ‘on demand’.
- Two free eLearning modules for all participants.
- On-going Q&A – Participants will have access to an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.