Duration: 1 Day
Location: City of London
Upcoming Dates: 22 May 2019 , 25 Jun 2019 , 18 Jul 2019 , 11 Sep 2019 , 22 Oct 2019 , 11 Dec 2019
The role of Compliance Officer within an FCA-authorised firm is an important one, and it is vital that holders of the position have a good understanding of the FCA’s approach to regulation, and its expectations. This is particularly the case where the individual holds the Compliance Oversight (CF10) function, as...
The role of Compliance Officer within an FCA-authorised firm is an important one, and it is vital that holders of the position have a good understanding of the FCA’s approach to regulation, and its expectations. This is particularly the case where the individual holds the Compliance Oversight (CF10) function, as holders of this function must be able to demonstrate to the regulator that an appropriate level of competence has been achieved and maintained. Attending this comprehensive full day course will assist such individuals in demonstrating competence.
The course will consider the responsibilities of the Compliance Officer as well as practical aspects of the role, including compliance monitoring. Failure to comply with regulatory expectations could result in the FCA taking action against the firm and its senior managers, including the holder of the Compliance Oversight function. This course will look at instances where this has happened and the lessons that can be learned.
Who is this for?
The course is particularly suitable for individuals who are new to the role of Compliance Officer and/or the Compliance Oversight function, but will also be of benefit to junior members of compliance teams who are seeking career development and progression.
- Fundamentals of FCA Regulation
- Compliance Responsibilities
- The Job, Principal Tasks, Skills
- Compliance Manual & Records
- Compliance Monitoring
- Compliance and Financial Crime - Insider Dealing & Market Abuse
- Regulator Visits
- Complaints & Enforcement
After attending this course you will:
- Have an awareness of the principal regulatory requirements governing UK financial services
- Understand where the responsibility for compliance lies within a firm
- Know the principal tasks of a Compliance Officer, and the key skills required
- Understand the importance of a compliance monitoring plan, and how to construct and implement a plan
- Have knowledge of the regulator’s approach to supervising firms, and ways in which to prepare for, and manage, a visit by the regulator
- Understand the FCA’s enforcement process and powers