This comprehensive training course is designed for accountants and others working in professional accountancy firms who need to understand the rules and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF), and who also need to understand how these risks manifest themselves within a professional accountancy environment.
Who is this for?
This AML training course will be appropriate for anyone, including accountants, with little or no experience or for more experienced professionals as a refresher course.
- What is Money Laundering?
- The Legal Framework
- Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and amendments
- Professional supervisory bodies
- JMLSG Guidance
- Risk Assessment in the context of professional accountancy services
- Customer Due Diligence
- Awareness and Training
- Record Keeping
After attending the courses, participants will:
- Understand the nature of the money laundering and terrorist financing risks facing professional accountancy firms
- Have an awareness of the principal legislation and regulations governing money-laundering and terrorist financing
- Understand their responsibilities within their professional regulatory regime, and the effects of failure to comply
- Have knowledge of the practical steps required to manage money-laundering and terrorist financing risks, including customer due diligence, suspicious activity reporting and ongoing monitoring, particularly in the context of a professional accountancy firm.