- 09 Dec 2020 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 10 Dec 2020 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 03 Feb 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 04 Feb 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 10 Mar 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 11 Mar 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 14 Apr 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 15 Apr 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 12 May 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 13 May 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 09 Jun 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
- 10 Jun 2021 (14:00 - 17:00)
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.This...
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.
This one-day course is currently being offered via live video tutorial over two half-days.
The course provides a comprehensive overview of the role and responsibilities of a Money-Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) within a regulated firm. It is particularly suitable for newly appointed, or aspiring, MLROs as well as Deputy MLROs and others with responsibility for their firm’s AML controls.
The course outlines the legislative framework, and explores the split of responsibilities between the firm’s senior management and the MLRO. Participants will gain an understanding of how to develop a money-laundering risk assessment as well as the practicalities of managing the firm’s suspicious activity reporting arrangements, with particular reference to the consent regime and lessons to be learnt from recent enforcement cases.
In addition, the course will provide an update on the regulator’s current priorities and areas of interest. Other key role requirements such as training and awareness responsibilities and the provision of management information, including the regulatory requirement for an annual report to senior management, will also be addressed.
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for MLROs, Deputy and Assistant MLROs, Chief Executive Officers, Internal Auditors, Compliance Officers and those involved in reviewing or relying on the effectiveness of the MLRO.
- Money Laundering
- Counter Terrorist Financing
- The Legal Framework
- The Individual and the Position
- Record Keeping
- JMLSG Guidance
- The Money Laundering Regulations 2017
- Risk-Based Approach
- Customer Risk Assessment & Customer Due Diligence
- Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- The Law Enforcement Investigation
- Use of National and International Findings
- Training, Awareness and Competence
- Ongoing Monitoring
- The “Annual” MLRO Report
- Bribery and Corruption
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the nature of the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) roles and responsibilities
- Comply with all statutory and regulatory obligations relating to the MLRO role
- Deal with Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and consent requests
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm’s AML/CTF regime
- Provide an adequate 'annual' report to Senior Management
CCL Academy’s Virtual Training (VT) courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our face-to-face courses. To achieve this our trainers utilise market-leading technology, and a range of training techniques, to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Each live video tutorial includes the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms, to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants are able to submit questions, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
- Accompanying recording of the video tutorial - In addition to the live event, all video tutorials will be available ‘on demand’.
- Two free eLearning modules for all participants.
- On-going Q&A – Participants will have access to an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.