Duration: 1 Day
Location: City of London
Upcoming Dates: 16 Nov 2018 , 04 Dec 2018
This one-day course provides a comprehensive overview of the role and responsibilities of a Money-Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) within a regulated firm. It is particularly suitable for newly appointed, or aspiring, MLROs as well as Deputy MLROs and others with responsibility for their firm’s AML controls. The course outlines the...
This one-day course provides a comprehensive overview of the role and responsibilities of a Money-Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) within a regulated firm. It is particularly suitable for newly appointed, or aspiring, MLROs as well as Deputy MLROs and others with responsibility for their firm’s AML controls.
The course outlines the legislative framework, and explores the split of responsibilities between the firm’s senior management and the MLRO. Attendees will gain an understanding of how to develop a money-laundering risk assessment as well as the practicalities of managing the firm’s suspicious activity reporting arrangements, with particular reference to the consent regime and lessons to be learnt from recent enforcement cases.
In addition the course will provide an update on the regulator’s current priorities and areas of interest. Other key role requirements such as training and awareness responsibilities and the provision of management information, including the regulatory requirement for an annual report to senior management, will also be addressed.
Who is this for?
MLROs, Deputy and Assistant MLROs, Chief Executive Officers, Internal Auditors, Compliance Officers and those involved in reviewing or relying on the effectiveness of the MLRO.
- The Legal Framework
- The Individual and the Position
- Record Keeping
- JMLSG Guidance
- The Money Laundering Regulations 2017
- Risk-Based Approach
- Customer Risk Assessment & Customer Due Diligence
- Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- The Law Enforcement Investigation
- Use of National and International Findings
- Training, Awareness and Competence
- Ongoing Monitoring
- The “Annual” MLRO Report
- Explain the nature of the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) role and responsibilities
- Comply with all of the statutory and regulatory obligations relating to the MLRO role
- Deal with Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and consent requests
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm’s AML/CTF regime
- Provide an adequate “annual” report to Senior Management