Duration: 3 Hour Virtual Tutorial
Upcoming Dates: 09 Jun 2020
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.Employees...
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.
Employees of FCA-authorised firms are subject to a wide-ranging set of obligations in relation to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF) and firms have a legal duty to train their staff regarding these obligations. This course is intended to help firms meet this legal obligation by providing employees with an understanding of the legal framework, the specific criminal offences relating to AML and CTF and their personal responsibilities. It also considers the firm’s responsibility to implement adequate systems and controls following a risk-based approach, particularly in relation to Customer Due Diligence (CDD), or ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC).
In order to meet the requirements of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, the course also includes an overview of the law relating to data protection.
Who is this for?
This comprehensive course is designed for those with little or no existing knowledge of AML and CTF, but is also suitable for use as a ‘refresher’ for both existing employees and new joiners.
- What is Money Laundering?
- The Legal Framework
- Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Money Laundering Regulations 2017
- FCA Supervision
- JMLSG Guidance
- Risk Assessments
- Customer Due Diligence
- Awareness and Training
- Record Keeping
- Data Protection
After attending this course, participants will:
- Understand the nature of the money laundering and terrorist financing risks facing financial services firms
- Have an awareness of the principal legislation and regulations governing money-laundering, terrorist financing and data protection
- Understand their responsibilities within the regulatory regime, and the effects of failure to comply
- Have knowledge of the practical steps required to manage money-laundering and terrorist financing risks, including customer due diligence, suspicious activity reporting and ongoing monitoring
CCL Academy’s Virtual Training (VT) courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our face-to-face courses. To achieve this our trainers utilise market-leading technology, and a range of training techniques, to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Each live video tutorial includes the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms, to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants are able to submit questions, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
- Accompanying recording of the video tutorial - In addition to the live event, all video tutorials will be available ‘on demand’.
- Two free eLearning modules for all participants.
- On-going Q&A – Participants will have access to an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.