Duration: 2 Days
Delivery method: In-house
Client Money and Assets is a unit available as part of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investments (CISI's) globally recognised Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) which has more than 12,000 exams taken annually worldwide. The exam has been developed in response to requests from within the industry and to address...
Client Money and Assets is a unit available as part of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investments (CISI's) globally recognised Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) which has more than 12,000 exams taken annually worldwide. The exam has been developed in response to requests from within the industry and to address the increased focus from the FCA on this area including the new rules which have been introduced. It will give those developing a career in this area the knowledge and expertise they need to excel in their role and progress in their career.
Professionals working in this area must have a knowledge of the concepts and processes surrounding client assets as well as how they must be protected under the FCA’s Client Assets (CASS) regime. This unit has been designed and developed by senior industry practitioners to ensure it equips individuals with this knowledge.
Who is this for?
This unit has been designed to provide professionals with the technical knowledge necessary to succeed in this evolving area and is particularly relevant for practitioners who have been working in client assets or a related area for up to 18 months.
This CISI unit has been developed to suit:
- Overseers of client money teams
- Compliance Officers whose remit includes client money responsibilities
- Individuals engaged in client money and assets administration
Fundamentals of Client Money and Assets
- Fundamentals of Client Money and Assets
- Legal Contracts and Relationships
- Looking after Assets for Investors
- General Definitions
- The Financial Conduct Authority and its Rules
- FCA Authorisation and Permitted Business
- Roles and Responsibilities
- International Consdierations
Client Money Fundamentals (CASS 7)
- Segregation of Client Money
- Client Bank Accounts
- Client Transaction Accounts
- ‘The Alternative Approach’ to Client Money Segregation
- Other Money Segregated as Client Money
Controls Over Client Money (CASS 7)
- Controls over the Selection of a Bank
- Client Money Books and Records
- CASS 7 Reconciliations
- The Standard Methods of Client Money Reconciliation
Safe Custody Fundamentals (CASS 6)
- Depositing Assets with Third Parties
- Records, Accounts and Reconciliations
Governance and Oversight
- Organisational Arrangements
- CASS Oversight within a Regulated Firm
- Corporate Governance Arrangements
- The CASS Audit
More Complex Business Models
- Types of Securities Interest
- Insurance Mediation (CASS 5)
- Debt Management (CASS 11)
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission: Part 30 Exemption Order (CASS 12)
When Problems Arise….
- Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
- Client Money Distribution
- CASS Resolution Pack
- Consequences of Regulatory Failure
- Client Types and CASS Exemptions
- Mandates (CASS 8)
- Client Reporting (CASS 9)
- Client Relationships, Contracts and Agreements
Our classroom training is delivered in-house and can be tailored to your Firm's requirements and the ability of the audience preparing for CISI exams.
Face to face training
Our recommended approach includes face to face training with one of our CISI expert trainers who will guide participants through the syllabus in a structured, engaging and interactive manner.
Practice tests and mock
Our face to face training days commence with a ‘kick-off’ test, testing the participants on their existing capabilities, and finish with a ‘progress’ test assessing their progress on the days topics.
As part of our in-house CISI study programmes, participants have access to chapter by chapter practice questions and a mock exam that simulates the real CISI examination.
These tools provide valuable feedback and monitoring to track the participants’ performance throughout the study programme and are vital in effectively preparing participants for success in their CISI exam.