This innovative, practical and enjoyable eLearning module provides a summary of significant recent examples of fraud including Bernard Madoff’s Ponzi scheme, the Volkswagen emissions scandal and Libor manipulation. It moves on to cover fraud (including the UK Fraud Act 2006) in depth, highlighting the major categories of fraud, the typical perpetrators and their motivations. The module then considers the practical steps and the control environment that every business should have to minimise, detect and respond to fraudulent activity.
The eLearning module concludes with an assessment.
This eLearning course will cover:
- The three major categories of fraud – corruption, asset misappropriation and financial statement fraud
- The three motivations that together make an internal fraud more likely
- The offences and penalties for fraud
- How to estimate how much a typical organisation (including your own) is losing due to fraud
- The typical systems and controls used to prevent, detect and respond to fraud
- The systems and controls to prevent fraud occurring, and to detect and respond to frauds that have occurred in your organisation
Key features of our eLearning include: