Duration: 3 Hours
Delivery method: In-house
A practical session, intended primarily for those MLROs who have never, or rarely, had to submit a SAR to the National Crime Agency (NCA). It will provide a clear and comprehensive answer to the question – “I’ve received an internal SAR, what do I do now?”
Who is this for?
The course is designed for Compliance, FCC and/or Audit staff within regulated firms who are involved in identifying and controlling AML and CTF risk. It is particularly suitable for junior Compliance staff (typically those with 1-3 years of experience) who wish to further develop their knowledge and professional skills.
- Overview of the UK Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) regime
- The requirement to file SARs
- How to investigate suspected money laundering
- How to file a SAR
- How to handle consent situations
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the UK SAR regime
- Manage and oversee an investigation into money laundering
- File a SAR with the appropriate authorities