Duration: 3 hours
Available: None Scheduled
In recent years, regulators internationally have emphasised the importance of conduct and culture. Indeed, in the UK, the FCA has repeatedly listed ‘culture and governance’ as one of its top priorities. However, whilst many of the largest firms have undertaken wide-ranging projects to address conduct issues, many small and medium-sized...
In recent years, regulators internationally have emphasised the importance of conduct and culture. Indeed, in the UK, the FCA has repeatedly listed ‘culture and governance’ as one of its top priorities. However, whilst many of the largest firms have undertaken wide-ranging projects to address conduct issues, many small and medium-sized firms have so far done little to identify, and articulate, the conduct risks that are of particular relevance for them.
This one-day course explores the concepts of conduct risk and culture, and how they relate to ‘treating customers fairly’ (TCF). It also considers the practical aspects of addressing conduct risk, including the role of the Board, as well as the practical steps required to develop and implement a conduct risk programme.
This course is part of CCL Academy’s ‘Skills Workshop’ series, a suite of course focusing on the practical skills required by Compliance and Financial Crime Prevention professionals.
Who is this for?
This course is designed for those with responsibility for ensuring the firm complies with its regulatory obligations in relation to conduct risk. This could include Senior Managers, Compliance Officers and Internal Auditors. The course is also suitable for junior Compliance staff, typically those with 1-3 years of experience, who wish to further develop their knowledge and professional skills.
- The meaning of conduct risk and the role that culture plays
- TCF v Conduct Risk
- The conduct risk programme
- The role of the Boards and the NEDs
- Product design and intervention
- TCF outcomes
- Wholesale conduct risk
After attending this course, participants will:
- Understand the meaning of conduct risk, and the role that culture plays
- Understand the difference between TCF and conduct risk and how to put together a conduct risk programme
- Know the role of the Board and the NEDs
- Know how conduct risk affects product design and intervention
- Understand the continued relevance of the TCF Outcomes and the meaning and implications of wholesale conduct risk