Duration: 40 mins
Available: Online course
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is applicable throughout the European Union from 25 May 2018. This introductory module puts the GDPR into context, highlighting its core requirements in a way that is sufficiently comprehensive to be suitable for all staff needing to be aware of its purpose and impact.
The module will take around 40 minutes to complete, and is made up of 8 subsections:
- The aim of the GDPR
- Why it is necessary
- Who it applies to
- When it applies
The seven principles of the GDPR
- Fair, lawful and transparent processing
- Purpose limitation
- Data limitation
- Data retention period
- Data security
Lawful Processing (incl consent)
- The main instances that provide organisations with the legal basis they require
- What makes consent valid
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right to rectify
- Right of erasure
- Right to data portability
Accountability and governance
- Maintaining policies and procedures regarding data processing
- Keeping documentation that records the processing activities undertaken
- Training staff on the requirements surrounding processing personal data
- Undertaking internal audits of the processing activities
- Adhering to a suitable Code of Conduct or certification scheme
Breaches and notifications
- Notification requirements of a personal data security breach
- Restriction on the transfer of personal data to recipients outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) except in limited circumstances.
- The limited circumstances in which personal data may be transferred
- The potential fine for breaching the data transfer requirements
- 10 multiple choice questions
Delivered through our LMS
Our custom designed Learning Management System (LMS) can be accessed via the internet, anywhere, anytime. In addition our LMS has been mobile optimised, which means you’ll be able to access your eLearning via your smartphone or tablet as well as your PC.
The LMS is suitable for firms of all sizes and will provide you with all of the management information you need, such as pass rates, number of attempts and duration.
Delivered via your LMS
If your firm already has a LMS, you can upload our eLearning courses directly onto your system.
All of our courses are SCORM compliant, which means you’ll be able to track your LMS will be able to track all of the key user activity details such as number of attempts, completion time and pass rates.
In addition our IT guys will talk to your IT guys to make sure the courses are uploaded onto your LMS seamlessly